Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
has said India is "inclined" to vote in favour of a resolution against Sri Lanka
at the UN Human Rights Council.
The council is due to vote later this week on a US motion calling for a probe
into alleged war crimes in Sri Lanka as its civil war ended in 2009.
Both government forces and Tamil Tiger rebels have been accused of
abuses.
Mr Singh has come under pressure from India's Tamil community to support the
resolution.
The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) party, representing Tamils in southern
India, had threatened to pull out of the coalition led by Mr Singh's Congress
party if India did not vote in favour.
Yes, the situation in Sri Lanka and Spain is very different. We only have to see that the civil war of Sri Lanka stopped in 2009! It was only three years ago! What a scary thing! That's so sad.
The most pacefull countries should promote pace in all the world. These countries should promote human rights but they don't do that. I am very angry because of that. Sri Lanka and India need help in these issues. I think all developed countries should help them.
- Can you as an individual/group take any action to change the situation?
Yes, some of the Human Rights comittees. I think they should be in every conflict in the world, in every hungry country. I don't know. It is like I've been blind all my life. There is a lot of povertry in the Earth and I am a little bit hopeless because of that. I think we all together should do something!

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario