viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2011

The portrait of Pandora

This is the title of the novel I've made for my TdR work. That's the first novel that I finish. Of course I have written other things, but this is the best of my writing works. It has 177 pages, so it's quite long, isn't it?

The story is set in Florence, Italy. The main characters are Pandora Clay, the protagonist, and Gabriel Ballerino, the boy who she mets in Florence.

Pandora is accompanying her brother Victor to his trip in Florence to get used to the city because he will study there for a while. Both of them are art lovers: Victor is studying Art history and Pandora like the art too.

They meet Gabriel and his brother Dante at their art gallery: La Lacrimosa. They become friends and Pandora start to know something about the past of Gabriel and his family. This story hides a mysterious character: Horatio Cobarsi. He is a painter who was the best friend of the father of Gabriel and Dante (Rafael). He is the founder of Rafael's death too.

That's the sad story in the novel. Horatio has turned crazy and he makes the portraits come alive. Spooky, right? Those who want to know what happens in the novel will have to read it :P

I have to say that I love this novel, the story catches me.

I put here the beginning of the story translated in english:

She observed the portrait with an accusing look. I take after her, she thought. She handed it to her brother and he put it in the inside pocket of his jacket. Victor paid what he owed to the painter, who collected the money with dirty hands from the oil paint, and reached his sister, who walked away from the promenade.



I let here the link to my blog of the portrait of Pandora:
http://elretratodepandoraandrea.blogspot.com/

There you can see all the information of my novel, the characters, the landscapes of the novel, my inspiration and many other things like the BSO of my novel wich is in the right hand.


This is the trailer of my novel (I made it for my oral presentation; don't look at it before my english oral presentation of my reserch project, I will show it in class!!!)


I hope it would like to you! Tell me what when you see it! ;)


3 comentarios:

  1. Andrea, I REALLY WANT TO READ IT! It sounds amazing, you're an artist :) in my shortfilm appears a character called Victor too... but I have to say that your story has to be better! You write very well, so it MUST be awesome... I can't wait anymore! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Ooooooh Natalia, I'm glad you ask me to read my novel I'm excited that you like how I write. Thank you so much!! I haven't seen this comment before, but I will ask you to give me your e-mail to send you the novel. Thank you so much! I'm waiting to see your shortfilm too!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like the coincidence with the two Victors, I like so much this name. You put it because of Victor of the Corpse Bride? I love this film and I know you love it too! See you tomorrowwww :)!!

    ResponderEliminar